On Annie's birthday, her family shared one of her favorite lunch items - Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches. The mere mention of this menu item often raises eyebrows and prompting questions about the legitimacy of this food choice. Allow me to assure you, not only is it real, but it was introduced to me by the really Annie herself.
I love a good PB&J with just the right mixture of the nutty flavor of peanut butter with the sweetness of jelly. However, the magic truly happens when you introduce grilling. The heat transforms the sandwich into a warm, gooey delight. Once experienced, it becomes a true lunchtime staple. Here is Annie's recipe:
· Bread slices (of your choice)
· Peanut Butter
· Jelly or Jam (your favorite flavor)
· Butter (for grilling)
1. Spread a generous layer of peanut butter on one side of each bread slice.
2. Add a dollop of your favorite jelly or jam on top of the peanut butter on ONLY one slice.
3. Sandwich the slices together
4. Heat a pan over medium heat and melt a tablespoon of butter
5. Carefully place the sandwich on the pan, grilling each side until golden brown